The Walter Reade Theater is located at 165 W. 65th St. (upper level) on the Upper West Side. As The Film Society of Lincoln Center's core venue, the theater is home to year-round presentations of independent film, international cinema, documentary and retrospectives. Visitor Info...
Save with a Package Discount!
Various types of discount packages are usually available for our programs. Packages may be purchased online or at the Walter Reade Theater box office. Please note: Packages and individual screening tickets are subject to availability. Package discounts may not be combined with any other ticket offer.
Purchase Options There are two ways to purchase single screening tickets to
What's Playing at the Film Society of Lincoln Center year-round:
ONLINE ticketing.filmlinc.com All major credit cars accepted; $1.25 service charge per ticket – surcharges vary for special events and passes. Unless otherwise specified in the event information, please redeem your order for your tickets at the theater's box office.
BOX OFFICE Walter Reade Theater 165 West 65th Street, upper level
between Broadway and Amsterdam Ave. Monday-Friday opens at 12:30pm, Saturday/Sunday opens one half hour before the first screening. Closes every day 15 minutes after the start of the last show. If there are no evening screenings, the box office closes at 6pm. For more information call 212 875 5601 during hours of operation.
Become a Member
Before you buy tickets for any screenings or events, consider becoming a Film Society Member, at Level Two or higher, to take advantage of our member’s discounted ticket price of $7 for all generally priced screenings at the Walter Reade Theater, along with membership’s other benefits.
VISITOR INFORMATION Location and Directions:
The Film Society of Lincoln Center
Walter Reade Theater
165 West 65th Street, upper level
between Broadway and Amsterdam Ave.
- Subways: 1 to 66th Street Lincoln Center
- Buses: M5 M7 M104
- More options available at nearby Columbus Circle.
Walk west on 65th Street for access to the upper level. Use the new public staircase on the north side of 65th Street near the mid-block crossing, the elevator in the Juilliard School or the one directly beneath the theater (look for the FILM banner on 65th Street).
Automated Information Line: 212 875 5600 24 hour up-to-date schedule, program, print condition and theater information; also available on this site and at the theater. Please note: The Film Society of Lincoln Center strives to show the best film prints available. However, it is not always possible to know the exact condition until a print is received.
Customer Service Helpline: 212 875 5367 Please note: this is an automated message line and calls are returned during Film Society business hours.
- Complimentary passes and vouchers are not accepted for events with special tickets prices or when posted at the box office or online.
- Valid ID required at box office for all discounts.
- A separate ticket is required for each screening.
- Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the management.
- Children, ages 6-12, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Unless an event is specifically programmed for kids, children five and under are not permitted into the theater.
- Programs, ticket prices and surcharges are subject to change.
- All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.